Saturday, October 27, 2012

MOGA Mobile Gaming System for Android 2.3+









Technical Details

  • Free downloads of Sonic CD and PAC-MAN by Namco included with purchase
  • MOGA Pivot App lets you explore all MOGA games in one convenient app
  • MOGA Mobile Gaming Controller is a high precision, totally portable game controller with dual analog sticks, shoulder triggers and four action buttons
  • Your phone snaps right in - up to 3.2 in./82mm, the largest phones in the market - or kick back and game on your tablet. Works with Bluetooth enabled Android 2.3+ smartphones and tablets
  • Includes MOGA Controller, MOGA Pivot App, MOGA Soft Case, Sonic CD offer code. Phone and tablet sold separately. Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)

Reviews


4.0 out of 5 stars Great controller, bad software execution
 have had this controller for a day now. I am really pleased with the controller in the games. It works flawlessly with my games, and makes controlling the game far easier. I was concerned with all the reviews complaining about having to repurchase games they had already purchased. I do have this problem currently with Nova 3, I did not have it installed on my Tab so downloaded it again in hopes that it would be recognized. It was not, but I also had Riptide GP on my tablet already and that was recognized by the Moga app. This points to more of an individual app issue then a problem with the Moga app. I will give the developers (Gameloft, etc) and Moga to fix this before I consider this a major issue. I have noticed that when you go to buy the games through the Moga Pivot app it sends you to the developers website for purchase, not the Play store. This is the problem, because if it sent you the Play store the record of the app purchase would be there and could then update the Moga Pivot app accordingly. This again leads back to the developer of the game causing the issue, they should be driving the user to the Play store not their website.

Back to the controller, it works great, it is a bit front heavy with a phone in the clasp, but having my heavy Amaze 4G does not help. The fact that I can put a Note 2 in there when I get makes me extremely happy though. My 5 year old son picked up the controller and started playing Sonic was very excited and really enjoyed his play time with it.(He was very sad to see it go with me to the office this morning.) I would recommend this controller, with this caveat, give it some time for some of the bugs to be worked out. Being an early adopter of tech is not for everyone, as you can see by the reviews here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment